VCON is part of the broader fan community and wants to help fan clubs and other fan-focused organizations promote themselves. We offer two different methods that such groups may get involved at the convention – lobby tables and room parties.[Attending Groups] [Lobby Table Applications] [Room Party Registration]
Groups will be listed here as they are confirmed as having a presence at VCON 42
The following groups are confirmed as having a presence at VCON 42:
- Bravely Told Games – lobby table
- Cult Following is a creative storytelling game published by local developer Bravely Told Games. In the game, you try to convince other players that the eternal truth that you just made up should command devotion while arguing that their fanatical ravings are just plain ridiculous. Cultists use three ideas from the deck to create and pitch a ridiculous cult, while recruits ask questions from the deck to find out which cult is right for them. Cult Following was recently featured in an episode of “Smosh Games” that had over 100,000 views within its first 24 hours on Youtube.
- Society for Creative Anachronism – lobby table
- The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is a not-for-profit educational organization dedicated to the study of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. The SCA has over 50,000 participants worldwide who recreate many different aspects of these eras, including fighting, fencing, archery, and numerous arts and handicrafts. The Society for Creative Anachronism is open to everyone. If you would like more information about the Society for Creative Anachronism and how you can become involved, please visit the website.
- Victoria Station, Royal Manticoran Navy – lobby table & room party (SAT evening)
- The Royal Manticoran Navy (TRMN) is the Official fan association for author David Weber’s “Honor Harrington” series of space military science fiction and its spin-offs (written by Weber and others) with many spaceships and ground bivouacs (chapters) located throughout North America and the world. HMSS Victoria Station is the regional division within the association that is responsible for all chapters located in the Canadian provinces of BC, Alberta and Manitoba, the Canadian territories of Yukon, North West Territories and Nunavut, and the USA state of Alaska.
- ZeroD20 – lobby table
- ZeroD20.com is a Gaming Podcast Website that works to promote Underrepresented Voices in Gaming. We have 2 current campaigns – Fracturia, an AP D&D podcast with an all-female party, and Faun’s Heart, an AP D&D Podcast with an all-female or Agender gaming group. We believe in Inclusive and Diverse Gaming.
Any group can request lobby table space at VCON 42 to promote their organization and recruit new members. For all approved requests, lobby tables must be staffed from Friday 2 pm – 8 pm, Saturday, 10 am – 8 pm, and Sunday 10 am – 2 pm. As the number of lobby tables available is limited, each group may only have one table and applications will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Clubs and organizations that are approved for a lobby table must commit to staffing their table between 2 pm to 8 pm on Friday, 10 am to 8 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 2 pm on Sunday. As a gesture towards helping with table staffing, two full weekend memberships will be made available to your organization for just $10 each.
Note that any member of your group may come and sit at your table without having a membership to attend VCON (the lobby area is open to the public, as is the Vendor Hall and Art Show) but without one they will be restricted from entering and participating in member-only areas (panel sessions, tabletop and console game rooms, hospitality suite, taproom).
As groups who have a lobby table often host room parties, the Lobby Table form also asks you to let us know if you plan or are thinking of planning on doing so. However, once you are sure you will be hosting a party, please also complete the Room Party Registration form in the next section.
Apply early, approval is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Any group (or individual, actually) may choose to host a room party on either the Friday before the event officially starts or on the Saturday of the event.
Those who register their room parties and then reliably communicate with us about it – especially in the last few weeks before the event – will have their room parties promoted on our social media platforms. Additionally, in recognition of your assistance in making VCON more memorable for everyone, for each registered party, one full weekend membership will be made available to your organization for just $10 each.
(If you plan to host a room party on both Friday and Saturday, please fill in the form once for each party.)
We set NO LIMIT on the number of room parties!